The Miandetta Primary School Association is a volunteer based committee made up of parents/carers, staff and members of the community.
The functions of the association as representatives for the school community are:
- to participate in the formulation and development of school policies
- to participate in the formulation and implementation of plans for the improvement of the school
- to participate in establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities, strategic directions and values and evaluating the school’s performance in achieving these
- to foster in the school’s community an understanding of the value of education generally, the benefits of education
- to foster cooperation among teachers, students, parents and the school’s community
- other functions determined by the Minister or prescribed in the regulations made under the Act.
Any member of the school community can attend meetings of the association and any sub-committees.
Current sub-committees include:
- Fundraising Committee
- Asset Maintenance and Development Committee
- Playground Committee
The School Association generally meet on the first Monday of each month and hold an AGM in April. Meetings are held at 7.00 pm in the staffroom.